family - Cheshire Fire and Rescue from Audlem Fire Station displayed a full size fire appliance

Fire crews were called to a small blaze in the historic Cheshire Cat restaurant in Nantwich.

Three appliances responded after a fire broke out in an electrical heater at the venue on Welsh Row.

The fire had been put out before crews arrived from Alsager and Crewe.

Firefighters damped down and cooled the area with water.

They also used a thermal imaging camera to check the area.

It happened at around 11.30pm last night, January 3.

In a separate incident, crews had to put out a chimney fire at a property in nearby Bunbury.

The blaze, which happened at around 10pm last night, started in a property on School Lane.

One fire engine from Nantwich responded to the incident.

Firefighters extinguished it from the grate and inspected the chimney stack and loft space using a thermal imaging camera before leaving.

No one was injured in either incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.

*

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.