car fire WIllaston - Cheshire Fire and Rescue from Audlem Fire Station displayed a full size fire appliance

Fire crews battled a blaze after a gas cylinder caught fire in the garden of a Nantwich house.

The incident happened at around 4.45pm yesterday (July 29) at a property on Birchin Lane, Nantwich.

Cheshire Fire Service crews from Nantwich and Crewe were sent to the scene where an LPG cylinder was on fire in the front garden.

Firefighters, one wearing breathing apparatus, used a hose reel jet to put out the fire and cool the cylinder down.

The temperature was then monitored using a thermal imaging camera.

It’s not thought anyone was injured in the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.

*

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.