Post Tagged with: "fire"

Man injured in flat fire in Nantwich

Man injured in flat fire in Nantwich

A man was treated for smoke inhalation after a flat fire in Nantwich.

Fire crews were called out to the blaze on Jubilee Gardens, Nantwich, shortly before 6pm last night (March 9).

March 10, 2017 0 comments Incident, News
Nantwich fire crews to stage car wash to raise charity cash

Nantwich fire crews to stage car wash to raise charity cash

Firefighters in Nantwich are hoping to swap buckets of water for buckets of cash.

They are getting ready to roll up their sleeves to raise money for the Fire Fighters Charity annual car wash.

Fire crews battle chimney blaze at Nantwich house

Fire crews battle chimney blaze at Nantwich house

Fire crews battled a chimney blaze they found well alight at a house in Nantwich.

Nantwich firefighters were called out to the property on Shrewbridge Road at around 7.30pm tonight (February 23).

February 23, 2017 0 comments Incident, News
Wistaston homeowner escapes tumble dryer house blaze

Wistaston homeowner escapes tumble dryer house blaze

A homeowner escaped a house blaze in Wistaston sparked by a tumble dryer.

The incident happened on Tatton Road in the early hours this morning (February 18).

February 18, 2017 0 comments Village News, Wistaston
Police launch arson probe after Snugburys straw sculpture burnt down

Police launch arson probe after Snugburys straw sculpture burnt down

Police are hunting an arsonist suspected of torching the popular Snugburys Peter Rabbit statue in Nantwich.

The 38ft-straw sculpture was set ablaze in the field next to Snugburys overlooking the A51 at Hurleston last night (February 2).

February 3, 2017 1 comment Crime, Human Interest, Incident, News
Fire destroys Snugburys Peter Rabbit sculpture near Nantwich

Fire destroys Snugburys Peter Rabbit sculpture near Nantwich

Fire has destroyed the popular large straw sculpture of Peter Rabbit at Snugburys in Hurleston, Nantwich.

The fire broke out earlier today, sending plumes of smoke over the nearby A51.

February 2, 2017 0 comments Human Interest, Incident, News
Woman in hospital after Christmas Day house fire in Bulkeley

Woman in hospital after Christmas Day house fire in Bulkeley

A woman was taken to hospital after being rescued from a house fire in Bulkeley near Nantwich on Christmas Day.

The blaze involving logs near a wood burning stove happened at a property on Wrexham Road at around 2.30am on Christmas Day.

December 27, 2016 0 comments Burland & Faddiley, Incident, News, Village News
Welshmans Lane blaze in Nantwich closes road

Welshmans Lane blaze in Nantwich closes road

Fire ripped through a derelict building on Welshmans Lane in Nantwich.

The blaze was on the top floor of the empty premises and broke out at around 11am today (August 7).

August 7, 2016 0 comments Incident, News
Dishwasher sparks blaze in Willaston home

Dishwasher sparks blaze in Willaston home

Fire crews tackled a blaze sparked by a dishwasher at a house on Balmoral Place, in Willaston.

The fire caused smoke logging to the property at around 2pm today (August 4).

August 4, 2016 0 comments Village News, Willaston & Rope
Crews battle fire at Nantwich timber yard

Crews battle fire at Nantwich timber yard

Firefighters tackled a fire at a timber yard in Wardle, Nantwich.

Crews from Nantwich, Crewe and Chester fought the fire which broke out in extraction pipes.

May 11, 2016 0 comments Environment, Incident, News
Fire crews tackle blaze at demolished Nantwich pub The Jolly Tar

Fire crews tackle blaze at demolished Nantwich pub The Jolly Tar

Fire crews tackled a blaze at a popular Nantwich pub which was being demolished by developers.

The Jolly Tar, in Barbridge, was undergoing demolition after closing down months ago.

Arsonists torch Redsands former children’s home in Willaston

Arsonists torch Redsands former children’s home in Willaston

Fire crews battled for hours to tackle a blaze sparked by arsonists in the former Redsands children’s home in Willaston, Nantwich.

The fire started at around 3.30pm yesterday in the first floor of the empty building on Crewe Road close to the Peacock roundabout.

January 17, 2016 0 comments Crime, Incident, News, Willaston & Rope
Shavington homes evacuated amid shed fire cylinder blast fears

Shavington homes evacuated amid shed fire cylinder blast fears

Families were evacuated in Shavington when fire chiefs tackling a shed blaze found a potentially explosive gas cylinder.

The fire happened at a property on Stock Lane, in Shavington, at around 4.15pm today (January 7).

January 7, 2016 0 comments Incident, News, Shavington, Village News