wardle blaze - Cheshire Fire and Rescue from Audlem Fire Station displayed a full size fire appliance

Fire crews tackled a blaze in a derelict building in Newhall near Nantwich which caused the busy A530 to be closed.

The fire broke out around 9.30am today (January 14) in the first floor of a property on Whitchurch Road.

Two fire engines – one from Nantwich and one from Audlem – attended and found the first floor alight.

They wore breathing apparatus to tackle the fire and a hose reel and a covering jet.

A thermal imaging camera was also used by firefighters.

The road was closed as a precaution and a cordon was put in place.

The fire was fully extinguished at around 10.20am with burnt debris then removed from the property.

Cheshire Fire say it is believed the fire started accidentally and damage was contained to the first floor bedroom.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.

*

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.