bailed dogs theft - altercation nantwich - County Lines charged and in court

A Tarporley man was among five to be sentenced for the parts they played in an altercation involving rival football fans.

Louis Neal, 18, of Forest Road, Tarporley, was given a six-month curfew order and a three-year football banning order after the brawl in Chester city centre.

He had pleaded guilty at Chester magistrates to affray in the incident which happened before Chester FC hosted a game with local rivals Wrexham in November last year.

Four others involved – Daniel John Jones, 28, of Cliveden Road, Chester; Elliot Seville, 23, of St James Avenue, Upton; Bobby Christopher, 25, of Ceiriog Road, Wrexham; and Jack McKnight, 20, of Alexandra Road, Wrexham – all pleaded guilty to affray.

A group of Chester FC supporters – which included Jones, Neal and Seville – converged with a group of Wrexham AFC supporters – which included Christopher and McKnight – at The Cross on Eastgate Street and fights broke out between the rival fans.

CCTV footage of the incident shows Jones, who at the time was serving a football banning order following a previous conviction for a football-related offence, acting aggressively towards the group of Wrexham fans and provoking them.

Seville can also be seen acting in an aggressive and provocative manner.

Neal can be seen running towards the Wrexham fans and throwing punches at one of them.

The CCTV footage also shows Christopher throwing a punch at a Chester fan and McKnight picking up a large bollard and holding it above his head as though he was about to throw it at Chester supporters.

McKnight put the bollard down after being ordered to by a police officer.

After reviewing the CCTV footage, District Judge Nicholas Sanders said that he had “seen a throwback to past ages where football hooliganism was rife”.

He sentenced Jones to six months in prison and gave him an eight-year football banning order.

Neil, Seville, Christopher and McKnight were each given a six-month curfew order and a three-year football banning order.

All five were also ordered to pay court costs and victim surcharges.

They were arrested in a joint Cheshire Police and North Wales Police operation on Tuesday March 6.

Detective Sergeant Stuart Needham, who led the investigation for Cheshire Police, said: “The altercation took place in the city centre in the middle of the day when there were lots of people around, putting innocent people in danger.

“Shoppers moved to get away from the violence and shopkeepers locked their doors to stop the fighting fans from coming inside.

“If it was not for the intervention of police officers the incident could have been far worse than it was.

“We hope this case sends out a strong message that such unacceptable behaviour from football fans will not be tolerated.

“If you go to a football match looking to cause trouble or get involved in altercations with rival fans your actions will be thoroughly investigated and you will be brought to justice.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.


Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.