Second-half - third Nantwich goal - captain Caspar Hughes celebrates his goal v Scarborough

Nantwich Town produced a stunning second half comeback to beat Scarborough at the Weaver Stadium.

The Dabbers were trailling 0-2 but scored three times in just six second-half minutes to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Scarborough, who challenged for promotion last season, scored two goals in two minutes in the first half to take control of the game.

Coulson got to the byline and crossed for Lofts to bundle home in the 15th minute to give the visitors the lead.

And then sloppy Nantwich defending gifted the ball to Scarborough and Walshaw gobbled up a simple chance for 2-0 after just 16 minutes.

Walshaw threatened a third soon after, and Nantwich struggled to get their game going.

They came closest to scoring before the break when new signing Schousboe rose highest to power a header on target from a free-kick, which was well saved by Taylor.

Nantwich boss Dave Cooke made two changes at the break, replacing Sean Cooke and Valdemar Schousboe
with Joe Mwasile and Luke Walsh.

Second-half - first Nantwich goal - Josh Langley gets one back (1)

Josh Langley gets one back

And the hosts began to exert more pressure on Scarborough’s defence, with Joe Malkin and Mwasile causing problems.

Taylor made a fine block on 68 minutes to keep out Joe Mwasile’s effort then clawed a Malkin rebound off the goal-line.

The Dabbers got the goal their pressure deserved on 76 minutes when Josh Langley was on hand to tap home after a goal-mouth scramble.

Suddenly the wind was in the Nantwich sails and they levelled just three minutes later.

Scarborough’s defence crumbled to allow Malkin to get on the end of a through ball and produce a fine finish.

Second-half - second Nantwich goal - Joe Malkin celebrates (1)

Joe Malkin celebrates the equaliser

And the incredible turn around was complete just two minutes after that.

Skipper Caspar Hughes controlled the ball and then curled a stunning effort into the top corner, giving Taylor no chance and sending the Weaver faithful crazy.

Hall in the Dabbers net still had to produce a couple of solid stops as the visitors pressured in the final five minutes to find a leveller.

The win sends Nantwich seventh in BetVictor Northern Premier League, ending a run of three consecutive league defeats.

(Images courtesy of Jonathan White)

Second-half - third Nantwich goal - captain Caspar Hughes curls it into the top corner! (1)

Caspar Hughes curls it into the top corner!

Second-half - Luke Walsh fights for the ball under pressure (1)

Second-half - Joe Mwasile fights for the ball (1)

First-half - Sean Cooke shoots at goal (1)

First-half - Joe Malkin heads at goal (1)

Full-time - James Lawrie and Joe Davis celebrate victory with fans v Scarborough

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.


Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.