ditch - Cheshire Fire and Rescue from Audlem Fire Station displayed a full size fire appliance

Fire crews were called to a chemical incident on a canal boat in Beeston near Tarporley.

Three fire engines attended, two from Chester and one from Nantwich, and the water incident unit from Powey Lane were called to the incident.

They found that anti-freeze had accidentally been spilt onto the battery compartment on the boat causing them to release a chemical gas.

All of occupants of the boat were removed and assessed by a doctor at the scene.

A small cordon was put in place as a precautionary measure.

One firefighter, wearing breathing apparatus, then entered the boat and removed the affected batteries.

The crews remained in attendance at the scene for around two hours.

The incident happened at around 4.15pm on Monday (August 10)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.

*

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.