bungalow on Cheyne Walk, Nantwich

Firefighters tackled a blaze in a bungalow in Nantwich.

It happened at 10.40am on Cheyne Walk, with one fire engine attended from Nantwich and two from Crewe.

The fire was well alight and had spread to the roof area of the property.

Two people were in the home at the time but managed to escape from the property unharmed.

Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, used two hose reel jets to extinguish out the fire.

They then stripped the tiles from the roof and used a thermal imaging camera to check for ant hot spots, while continuing to use one hose reel to extinguish the areas which are still hot and could reignite.

Crews were in attendance at the scene for three hours.

The fire is believed to have been accidental and caused by an electrical fire in the loft.

(pics by www.cheshirefire.gov.uk)

bungalow on Cheyne Walk, Nantwich 3

bungalow on Cheyne Walk, Nantwich 2

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.


Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.