ditch - Cheshire Fire and Rescue from Audlem Fire Station displayed a full size fire appliance

Unattended cooking caused a Nantwich home to be smoke-logged during a New Year’s Eve incident, say fire crews.

Firefighters from Nantwich and Crewe were called to reports of a kitchen blaze on Hastings Road in Nantwich at around 5.10pm.

When they arrived they found no fire but a large amount of smoke which they cleared using a high pressure fan.

A fire spokesperson said: “Never leave cooking unattended. Please follow our kitchen safety advice!”

For advice visit https://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-safety/home-safety/kitchen-fire-safety

3 Comments

  1. I hope the fire engine had good access. Hastings Road is one of many around town where double and inconsiderate parking is rife. This time it was just smoke, but what if it was a serious fire or a medical emergency? I hope they are cleared to simply shunt offenders out of the way.

  2. The fire spokesperson said ‘never leave cooking unattended’ would this include a slow roast at 120deg in a fan oven?? I have a lovely recipe from Delia Smith that takes 5 hours. I usually pop it the oven then take the dog out for a lovely long walk around Nantwich..
    Should I stop doing this??

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.

*

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.