fire on Western Avenue, Nantwich

A fire which injured a man and woman after raging through a Nantwich house, is being treated as accidental.

The blaze broke out in the first floor of a property on Western Avenue, near Brine Leas School in Nantwich.

An elderly woman and younger man, who have not been named, were injured and treated by paramedics at the scene.

A Cheshire Fire Service spokeswoman said today that the incident, which happened at about 4.30pm on Monday (October 27), is now being treated as accidental.

Cheshire Police say the man has been discharged from hospital.

The woman is still recovering but her injuries are not thought to be serious or life-threatening.

The investigation is ongoing.

(pic, above, courtesy of BBCRadioStoke and pic below from Nantwichnews reader)

scene of Western Avenue fire, Oct 2014

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.


Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.