Post Tagged with: "fire"

Fire crews tackle log burner incident at house in Chorley

Fire crews tackle log burner incident at house in Chorley

Fire crews tackled a fire at a house in Chorley near Wrenbury today

They say the incident at around 5am was caused by a log burner at the property on Chorley Hall Lane.

November 2, 2020
Two men in hospital after vehicle repair centre fire in Wrenbury

Two men in hospital after vehicle repair centre fire in Wrenbury

Two men were taken to hospital after a fire at a vehicle repair centre in Wrenbury near Nantwich.

Fire crews were called out to tackle the blaze at around 3pm yesterday (October 29) on Station Road.

October 30, 2020
Beechmere aftermath

New care facility to replace Beechmere is approved by Cheshire East

By Ethan Davies, local democracy reporter
A replacement for the fire-destroyed Beechmere Care Facility in Crewe has been approved by Cheshire East councillors.

Members granted planning permission for the new building, which will sit on the same site with the same 132 bedrooms, and a number of fire safety improvements compared to its predecessor.

October 28, 2020
Fire crews tackle small fire in Nantwich garden

Fire crews tackle small fire in Nantwich garden

Fire crews were called to a fire in a garden in Nantwich.

The fire started in the back garden of an address on Davenport Avenue at around 7pm on Friday (October 16).

October 18, 2020
Residents reunited 12 months after South Cheshire homes destroyed in blaze

Residents reunited 12 months after South Cheshire homes destroyed in blaze

Three elderly residents have been reunited more than 12 months after their homes were destroyed in the huge Beechmere care complex blaze in Crewe.

The devastating fire ripped through the homes of Doris Chell, Janet Kelly and Margaret Jackson, among many others.

September 25, 2020

Fire crews attend electrical fire in Wardle

Fire crews were called out to a commercial premises in Wardle near Nantwich after workers reported smoke and a burning smell.

September 22, 2020
People taken to hospital after kitchen fire in Nantwich

People taken to hospital after kitchen fire in Nantwich

Householders were taken to hospital for treatment after a kitchen fire at their home in Nantwich.

The incident happened at a property on The Pike in Nantwich at around 8.30pm on Thursday (August 27).

August 30, 2020
Fire crews tackle car fire on busy A51 near Nantwich

Fire crews tackle car fire on busy A51 near Nantwich

Fire crews tackled a vehicle fire when a car went up in flames on the A51 London Road at Walgherton near Nantwich.

The incident happened at around 5.50am yesterday (August 22) when crews from Nantwich were called out to find the unoccupied vehicle well alight on a bend in the road.

August 23, 2020
Cheshire Fire Cadets to build classrooms for children in Nepal

Cheshire Fire Cadets to build classrooms for children in Nepal

A determined group of Cheshire Fire Cadets including one from Nantwich are raising money to finish building classrooms in Nepal.

The team of 13 raised more than £50,000 before lockdown and are now continuing their quest to secure enough funds to finish the school project.

August 20, 2020
Floods, fires and fallen trees as storm wreaks havoc in Cheshire

Floods, fires and fallen trees as storm wreaks havoc in Cheshire

Cheshire fire crews had one of their busiest nights for years as a powerful storm swept across south and mid Cheshire last night.

Worst hit was the Tarporley, Beeston, Tattenhall and Malpas areas as lightning sparked fires and flood waters left cars submerged and buildings under water.

August 13, 2020
Fire crews tackle building fire in Wistaston

Fire crews tackle building fire in Wistaston

Fire crews tackled a building fire off Broughton Lane in Wistaston.

The fire broke out at around 9pm last night (August 9)

August 10, 2020
South Cheshire couple in hospital after e-cigarette sparks house fire

South Cheshire couple in hospital after e-cigarette sparks house fire

A South Cheshire couple ended up in hospital after a fire in their home was sparked by a charging e-cigarette.

Jennifer Brown, 35, and Scot Washington, 34, suffered smoke inhalation after managing to extinguish the fire in an upstairs bedroom in their house in Crewe.

August 10, 2020
Firefighters called to tackle outbuilding fire in Nantwich

Firefighters called to tackle outbuilding fire in Nantwich

Firefighters from Nantwich and Crewe tackled a fire in an outbuilding in Nantwich.

The incident happened at around 4pm yesterday (August 8) at a building on Peach Lane near Alvaston Hall in Nantwich.

August 9, 2020