bin fire Beam Heath Way business park in Nantwich

Two commercial bins were set on fire at a Nantwich business park.

The fires were started at lunchtime today outside commercial premises on Beam Heath Way, off Middlewich Road. (July 15).

Fire crews from Beam Street in Nantwich were extinguished by firefighters using a hose reel at around 1.30pm.

One eyewitness said the bins had been set alight “deliberately”, although Cheshire Fire and Rescue now believe the blaze was started by a carelessly discarded cigarette.

“My car was parked right beside it, I ran out to move it just before the fire brigade got here,” said the eyewitness.

(picture courtesy of reader via Twitter)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.


Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.