Crewe Athletic - stock pic by Steve Fareham - creative commons licence

Faddiley had an explosive start to their game against Wistaston Leopard going 2-0 up after three minutes in their Presidents Cup first round clash.

Leopard put through their own net in the first minute, and Will Emerton’s free kick doubled the lead after just three minutes.

Connor Jones made it 3-0 after only 18 minutes to take control of the tie.

Wistaston Leopard put Faddiley under pressure during the second half and missed an 85th minute penalty which was saved.

Also in the Presidents Cup, White Lion Ford Lane won 3-2 at Elworth Park with goals from Ben Reddock, Jordan Allen and an own goal.

Adam Hawkey and Nermin Arukovic scored for Elworth Park.

Sandbach Town can’t win a league game but have progressed to the next round of the Presidents Cup with a 3-2 win over White Horse.

Matt Timms with a penalty, Dave Furber and M Clarke scored for Sandbach Town with Ryan Briddon and Lewis Williams scoring for White Horse.

Division One side White Lion put up a terrific performance against Premier Division champions Square One but eventually went down 7-5.

Russ Schofield scored four times for Square One with Dale Capper, Danny Dodd and Deon Chesters also scoring.

Chris Worstencroft (2), Jack Wood (2) and a Nathan Cherrington penalty scored for White Lion.

Division 1 leaders The Ark suffered a 5-0 defeat against Haslington FC with Damian Sloan (2), Curtis Rodgers, Jordan Smith and Owen Porter scoring.

Premier Division Willaston WS survived a penalty shoot-out to knock out Division One Audlem.

Willaston WS led 3-0 at half-time before Audlem fought back to 3-3 after 90 minutes.

Both sides scored in extra time before Willaston WS won 5-4 on penalties.

Scorers for Willaston WS were Dan Garnett, James Cookson, Danny Williams and Connor Perrie with Thomas Capewell, Kev Rodgers, Andrew Betteley and Kev Mort scoring for Audlem.

It was a similar story with Premier Division NHB FC needing a penalty shoot-out to defeat Division One Broadhurst FC.

The game finished 1-1 after extra time after Will Jones had given Broadhurst FC the lead before Dan Ball equalised to take the game into extra time and penalties.

NHB FC won the shoot-out 4-3.

In the Premier Division, league leaders Crewe Athletic won 3-2 against Betley FC with goals from Josh Clarke (2) and Jordan Amson.

Jamie Baker and Lee Smith scored for Betley FC.

Bottom Club Talbot lost again, this tme 1-2 to Salvador.

Kev Sharp opened the scoring for Salvador with Ewan Crossmire equalising for Talbot.

Jon Stones scored the winner midway through the second half.

In Division One, AFC Wickstead move up to second following a 2-1 win at Brighton Belle with Tim Talbot scoring the winning goal in the last minute.

Liam Prince also scored for AFC Wickstead with the Brighton Belle goal coming from Lewis Larkin.

George & Dragon won 9-0 at White Eagles with Charlie Hatton scoring six times and the other goals from Terry Cain, Matty Davies and Kyle Griffin.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.


Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.