chimney fire - Cheshire Fire and Rescue from Audlem Fire Station displayed a full size fire appliance

A fire in a building in Nantwich was started by a faulty light fitting, say Cheshire fire crews

The fire broke out in a property on Monks Lane in Nantwich at around 5pm on Thursday (February 20).

Two fire engines attended, one from Crewe and one from Nantwich,

On arrival crews discovered that the fire involved a light fitting within the building.

The electric supply was isolated while firefighters used a fire extinguisher to put out the flames.

Crews then removed the light fitting from the ceiling and checked for fire spread.

No hotspots were found and crews left the scene around an hour later.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.

*

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.