smoking materials - Mount Close Nantwich - bungalow fire - Google Street View

An investigation into a fire which killed a Nantwich couple has found it was started by discarded smoking materials.

Beryl Cooper, 80, and Peter Cooper, 82, were found unresponsive at their bungalow on Mount Close in Nantwich in February.

Cheshire Fire Service has carried out a month-long investigation into the incident.

Today, a Cheshire Fire spokesperson said: “The cause of the fire at an address in Mount Close Nantwich is believed to be discarded smoking materials.”

Three fire appliances from Nantwich, Audlem and Tarporley were called to the scene on February 9.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.


Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.