Post Tagged with: "injunction"

Barony Sports complex in Nantwich

Cheshire East secures High Court injunction to stop Barony Park access

A High Court injunction to prevent unauthorised encampments on Barony Park in Nantwich has been secured by Cheshire East Council.

The injunction aims to prevent any future unauthorised encampments at the park for the next two years.

August 18, 2020
3-year Barony Park court injunction just “weeks away” before lockdown

3-year Barony Park court injunction just “weeks away” before lockdown

A three-year court injunction to stop unauthorised travellers accessing Barony Park in Nantwich was just weeks away before lockdown, we can reveal.

It emerged as the first unauthorised travellers of 2020 arrived on the park overnight (May 25).

May 25, 2020
Councillor cites “costly legal procedure” as Barony Park injunction delay continues

Councillor cites “costly legal procedure” as Barony Park injunction delay continues

Cheshire East Council is dithering over applying for a court injunction against unauthorised travellers in Nantwich because of the “costly legal procedure”, says a Cabinet member.

Yet, the authority has so far failed to provide any details of this cost when questioned by Nantwich News.

September 4, 2019
Campaigners say Cheshire East “refuses” to reveal legal advice over Barony Park injunction

Campaigners say Cheshire East “refuses” to reveal legal advice over Barony Park injunction

Campaigners fighting for a court injunction to tackle unauthorised traveller camps in Nantwich, say Cheshire East Council has “refused” to disclose details of legal advice which has stalled the move.

August 20, 2019
Readers’ Letters: Time to transfer Barony Park to Nantwich town council

Readers’ Letters: Time to transfer Barony Park to Nantwich town council

Dear editor
Travellers on the Barony Park again
The end of July not only brought with it an abundance of rain, sufficient to cause the cancellation of the Nantwich show, but also the ninth unauthorised encampment on the Barony Park this year.

August 4, 2019
MP candidate calls on Cheshire East to obtain injunction for Barony Park

MP candidate calls on Cheshire East to obtain injunction for Barony Park

A Prospective Parliamentary Candidate for Crewe & Nantwich has called on Cheshire East Council to use a Court Injunction to prevent further unauthorised encampments on Barony Park.

Conservative candidate Dr Kieran Mullan says many other UK authorities use injunctions, which would see traveller groups removed on the same day they arrive.

June 25, 2019