dishwasher fire funding cuts fire service, cylinder blast fear in Shavington

Fire crews tackled a blaze sparked by a dishwasher at a house on Balmoral Place, in Willaston.

The fire caused smoke logging to the property at around 2pm today (August 4).

Firefighters from Crewe, wearing breathing apparatus, used a hose reel jet at the incident and took the dishwasher outside.

They then ventilated the property and checked there were no hotspots of fire.

No one was injured in the incident.

In a separate incident, a car ploughed into a garage in Nantwich after the driver lost control.

The accident happened on Meeanee Drive, just off Queens Drive, at around 10.40am today.

No one was injured or trapped, but the prefabricated garage suffered structural damage.

Firefighters and police had to cordon off the area and a structural engineer was called out to assess the damage to the building.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.


Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.