car fire WIllaston - Cheshire Fire and Rescue from Audlem Fire Station displayed a full size fire appliance

A man was taken to hospital after a bedroom blaze caused by an electric blanket at a house in Wistaston.

Fire crews were called out at 2.30am today (March 21) to a property on Broughton Lane, Wistaston

Crews found that the fire involved a bed in a bedroom.

They used two hose reel jets and four breathing apparatus to put out the fire and a large fan to clear the smoke.

Firefighters then dampened down the area and removed the bed from the property.

After being treated by paramedics, one man was taken to hospital suffering from slight smoke inhalation.

Firefighters were at the scene for around three hours.

For advice on reducing the risk of an electric blanket fire visit http://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-safety/home-safety/electric-blankets

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.

*

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.