ditch - Cheshire Fire and Rescue from Audlem Fire Station displayed a full size fire appliance

Fire crews had to tackle a Christmas Day chimney blaze at a house in Baddington neat Nantwich.

The fire broke out at a property on French Lane, just off Coole Lane, at around 12.20pm yesterday.

Crews from Nantwich arrived to find the chimney stack well alight.

They had to use a hose reel jet and specialist chimney rods to extinguish the fire.

They then used a thermal imaging camera to examine the chimney breast and loft space to check for any hotspots.

Firefighters were detained at the scene for approximately one hour ten minutes.

For more information about chimney fire safety visit https://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-safety/campaigns/awareness-campaigns/chimney-fire-safety

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.


Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.