chimney fire - Cheshire Fire and Rescue from Audlem Fire Station displayed a full size fire appliance

A man was rescued by fire crews called out to a kitchen blaze in Nantwich.

The incident happened on Monks Orchard in Nantwich at around 9.40pm last night (December 19).

Fire crews from Nantwich responded to a fire alarm sounding at residential flats in Monks Orchard.

They found a flat heavily smoke logged due to cooking fumes and that a man was inside the property.

Firefighters rescued the occupier, who was suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation.

He was treated by paramedics at the scene and then taken to hospital by ambulance.

Firefighters isolated the cooker and used a large fan to clear the smoke from the flat.

They were in attendance for more than two hours.

For cooking safety tips visit https://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-safety/home-safety/kitchen-fire-safety

Meanwhile, fire crews were called out to a residential care home at 1.50am today on Barony Road, Nantwich.

A fire alarm was sounding in the loft space of the care home.

An inspection showed no signs of a fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.

*

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.