tumble dryer - Nantwich Fire Station - August 2020 (2) (1)

Two men were taken to hospital after a fire at a vehicle repair centre in Wrenbury near Nantwich.

Fire crews were called out to tackle the blaze at around 3pm yesterday (October 29) on Station Road.

One appliance from Nantwich and two from Crewe attended to reports of a fire involving an industrial building.

They discovered the fire involved a vehicle repair centre measuring 20 sq metres and containing gas cylinders.

Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the premises and began fighting the fire with two hose reel jets and a covering jet.

The crews cooled down the cylinders and used a thermal imaging camera to check the temperature.

The fire was extinguished by 4.40pm and two fire engines were released from the incident.

Cheshire Fire and Rescue say two men were taken to hospital for treatment.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.

*

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.