tarporley car crash in field - Cheshire Fire and Rescue from Audlem Fire Station displayed a full size fire appliance

A man managed to escape from a burning flat in Nantwich.

The fire started in the kitchen of the property on Jubilee Gardens.

Fire crews from Nantwich and from Crewe attended at around 12.45am yesterday (October 12).

The man had managed to scramble clear of the ground-floor flat by the time crews arrived and he was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by paramedics.

He was later taken by ambulance to hospital for further treatment.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

Once the fire was out a thermal imaging camera was used to check for hotspots to make sure that the flat was safe.

A large fan was used to clear smoke from the flat.

Firefighters were in attendance for more than an hour.

The fire is believed to have been caused by food cooking in a pan having been left unattended.

For cooking safety tips visit https://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-safety/home-safety/kitchen-fire-safety

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.

*

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.