fire engine (freefotouk)

A blaze which killed a pensioner in her bungalow in Wistaston was started by a faulty fridge, fire chiefs believe.

Irene Garratt, 74, was found dead by fire crews battling the blaze on Prior Close.

And an initial fire investigation by Cheshire Fire and Rescue suggests the blaze was started by an electrical fault in the fridge.

Three fire crews, including four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, used two hose reel jets, one covering jet to tackle a house fire on Saturday night (March 1).

It started in the kitchen on the ground floor property.

It’s believed Mrs Garratt was overcome by fumes.

Firefighters isolated the gas and electric.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.


Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.