wardle blaze - Cheshire Fire and Rescue from Audlem Fire Station displayed a full size fire appliance

A woman was rescued from a burning kitchen in Nantwich after a smoke alarm was heard going off at the property.

The incident happened on Hayes Close in Nantwich at around 6.50pm last night (Sunday September 29).

Cheshire Fire and Rescue say they were alerted to the smoke alarm sounding at a domestic property in the street.

The fire crew from Nantwich forced entry and discovered cooking fumes from burnt food had activated the alarm.

Firefighters ventilated the property and treated the female occupier at the scene before she was treated by paramedics.

Firefighters were in attendance for around an hour-and-a-half.

For cooking safety tips visit https://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-safety/home-safety/kitchen-fire-safety

One Comment

  1. Does that mean she got hosed down before paramedics came ?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.

*

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.