kitchen fire acton - Cheshire Fire and Rescue from Audlem Fire Station displayed a full size fire appliance

A homeowner escaped a house blaze in Wistaston sparked by a tumble dryer.

The incident happened on Tatton Road in the early hours this morning (February 18).

Firefighters and two appliances were called out from Crewe to the blaze.

When they arrived, crews found the fire involving a tumble dryer.

They used two breathing apparatus and one hose reel to extinguish the blaze and were in attendance for one hour and 15 minutes.

A spokesman for Cheshire Fire and Rescue said: “The house was fitted with smoke alarms that helped alert the homeowner to the fire.”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.

*

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.