horse rescue - Nantwich Fire Station - August 2020 (2) (1)

Firefighters tackled a kitchen fire which broke out at a house in Wistaston.

The blaze happened at around 8pm last night (March 9) at a property on Windermere Road.

Appliances from Nantwich and Crewe were called to a fire caused by a build up of fat in a grill.

The fire had burned itself out when the crews arrived, leaving the kitchen with some smoke logging.

Crew members carried out a precautionary care check on a resident and called for paramedics.

Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to monitor temperatures in the affected area and made the gas cooker safe.

A smoke alarm alerted the resident to the fire.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

By using this form you agree with the storage and handling of your data by this website, to learn more please read our privacy policy.

*

Captcha * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.